Friday, December 8, 2023

December 6 With Cal, etc.

Wednesday:  I picked up Cal at noon today from pre-school. The kids were outside in their "yard" playing. Usually Cal sees me right away and comes running; but today, he was very involved with his friends and didn't notice me until I was right up to the gate!

We came over to my house and spent a very nice three hours together.

Dear Cal plays really well here. He does a lot of playing independently; but he really likes to interact and have a buddy (me) play closely beside him too. 
He's dear face ...




He really likes to play back in the "spare" room, but prefers the door closed because the heater is too loud (it's right in the hallway).
I probably have close to 200 Matchbox/Hot Wheels vehicles here, there, and everywhere. Cal loves these little cars so much.

He especially loves pretending to wash them and gas them up at the garage.
I got a few new cans of PlayDoh last week--nice, soft, fresh PlayDoh. Cal really enjoys molding and shaping it ... he will play for a solid 20 minutes with it. I was able to accomplish a few kitchen tasks while he played ...


Cal ate his usual Mac 'n cheese, cantaloupe and snacks today. He's a very good eater and hardly fussy about anything. Super easy.

Cal fell asleep almost immediately once he was seat belted into his car seat and had consumed his fruit snack pack. We got back to his house, got Erin off her bus, and then Dylan drove up with Aidan in two. For the next little bit, Erin and I did some art stuff ...




Erin has gotten better and better with her drawing. What I like so much is how much enjoyment she gets from creating. It's such a godly thing ... to create ... and it's so kind of Him to gift us with the ability to make little things out of our heads, isn't it? 

No pictures today of either Aidan or Brendan. Rats. I did visit with them awhile this afternoon too--but they were in the basement most of the time. It's hard to be in two places at once. I'll try to do better next week.

 

No comments: