Friday, December 22, 2023

December 19 Almost Ready!

Monday/Tuesday:  I've actually been getting ready for Christmas for weeks now--since right after Thanksgiving--but I haven't posted any pictures. I'll post more later in the month of my little tree with all of the beautiful grandchildren pictured on origami ornaments, etc. 

Here are just a few pictures from Monday and Tuesday:

My Advent wreath got resurrected again this year. I love following through the weeks of Advent, don't you? I NEED to be reminded about the real reason Christmas is celebrated--because God's plan was to rescue everyone who would say "yes" to Him--redeem us from the curse of sin and death, while instantaneously granting eternal life to all who will accept His invitation to have Him be King and Lord and Savior. I've been asking the Lord to give me words--show me how to share this marvelous story with people who may not yet belong to Him.
I made a double batch of Chex Mix ...
... and I had to alter the Puppy Chow recipe because no one--NO ONE--sells Crispix Cereal anymore! I looked EVERYWHERE--even on-line. I did find a few boxes on Amazon for $22/box. No way in this world am I paying $22 for a box of cereal. SO ... I compromised and bought Chocolate Chex which had a handy recipe on the side called "Muddy Buddies" (the only alteration to the Puppy Chow recipe being the fact that the cereals are switched). I also added Christmas M&M's this year.
I am looking forward to this weekend when my grandkids (Jesse's and Di's) are coming over (Saturday) for dinner, gifts, and games. Ella is coming with Chris, and Koda is coming with Emma. Matthew hopes to make it if he doesn't have to work late, and Kaity will be here as well. 

I love these kids so much, and miss the older three deeply. I am asking the Lord to bless our time together. Help me not to be nervous about the food preparation! Help me not to worry about unkind words being spoken between the kiddos! Please just give us your Peace, Joy and faithful love, Lord.
 

No comments: