Saturday, August 25, 2007

1-2-3 and counting!

This is the last weekend that will feel like a weekend for me perhaps for quite awhile. I don't want to rub it in or anything, but weekends from here on out will be just like most other days! I'm looking forward to that! Throughout the years, I tried to practice rejoicing in each and every day like David said, "This is the day the LORD has made -- we will rejoice and be glad in it!" but always found it easier to accomplish being joyful on Friday more than on Monday ...

There wasn't much going on at The Jones Junction this weekend, so today I decided to sleep in just a bit, catch up on some housecleaning, enjoy some reading, and most definitely work out in the yard. We've had a real rainy spell the past ten days or so and a pretty intense electrical storm Wednesday night caused us to lose power at about 8:30 p.m. We were 32 hours without power! A pioneer I am NOT! I was glad when the lights flickered at 4:28 a.m. yesterday morning so that I didn't have to dress for work by candlelight again. I did find, however, that I can get totally ready for work in 15 minutes when I can't see myself ... something about looking in a mirror that slows the process down!
A butterfly on Grandpa's zinnia's
I wanted so badly to get a really good picture!
Isn't it beautiful?
"The grass withers, and the flowers fade
beneath the breath of the LORD ...
but the word of our God stands forever."
ISAIAH 40:7-8
I've been doing a lot of counting lately, and not just days until retirement. Now that Jesse's deployment has happened, I'm counting GOOD days instead of SAD days. These are some of the things I'm looking forward to --
  • Six days until I retire
  • Ten until we leave on our road trip
  • Twelve until we arrive in Houston to meet baby Nia and to see Nathan, Rachel and Nick
  • Twenty until we go to Austin to see wee Karis, Jackson, Olivia, Sabrina and Andrew
  • Twenty-six until we arrive at Fort Bliss to see Matthew, Chris, Emma and Diana
  • Thirty-four until we see Adam and Emily in the Twin Cities

And then I suppose we have to come home! October is going to be dedicated to getting organized around the house, and then November and December I'm going to ready the place for the holidays and really enjoy doing it! But by the first of the year, I hope to have a better idea about how the Lord wants me to serve Him. I am enjoying counting down to all of these good things ahead!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

order ativan buy ativan online canada - generic ativan photos

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online xanax bars mg white - xanax pills called bars

Anonymous said...

ativan online ativan drug interactions - generic name of ativan

Anonymous said...

diazepam for dogs diazepam dosage dogs fireworks - how to buy diazepam online

Anonymous said...

xanax online xanax side effects while pregnant - alprazolam 0.5 mg street price

Anonymous said...

cheap valium online valium vendita online - valium vs xanax which is better

Anonymous said...

diazepam online online diazepam - can you buy diazepam online

Anonymous said...

lorazepam no prescription ativan dosage webmd - ativan and pregnancy

Anonymous said...

ativan online buy lorazepam mexico - buy lorazepam paypal

Anonymous said...

buy xanax xanax side effects in the elderly - xanax strengths

Anonymous said...

soma sale carisoprodol opiate - somanabolic muscle maximizer negative review

Anonymous said...

soma no prescription carisoprodol and tramadol - carisoprodol 350 mg dosage

Anonymous said...

valium no prescription needed valium recreational drug - what is generic valium

Anonymous said...

zolpidem drug what is the street value of ambien 10mg - generic of ambien cr

Anonymous said...

soma online medication stronger than soma - buy soma online yahoo answers

Anonymous said...

valium no prescription overnight valium vs xanax dose - is generic valium the same

Anonymous said...

ooo!!! Generic Topiramate - cheap topamax no prescription http://www.topamaxbestonline.net/#order-topamax, [url=http://www.topamaxbestonline.net/#order-topamax]Buy Topamax[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi, meridia diet pills - buy sibutramine http://freedishprogram.com/, [url=http://freedishprogram.com/]sibutramine price [/url]