Monday, August 20, 2007

Dylan returns to Kuyper

Dylan packed up his room (somewhat) and returned to Kuyper this past Saturday. He is part of the leadership team there this year and is also on the welcoming committee for incoming freshman, so he had to return to school two weeks before classes actually begin. Mr. Jones and I are again "empty nesters", and I'm not liking it ... (sigh)

Dylan phoned Sunday afternoon and asked if I wanted to meet him out in Holland at Park CRC. The ministry team he traveled with back in May (remember when he went to Canada and New York?) was leading the evening worship service there. I had never heard the team do any of their music, so I drove out there to worship with them.
The team did a whole bunch of music
celebrating the death of Christ and his resurrection
They read a lot of Scripture
Exodus 33 and 34
Dylan read the part of Moses

He also played the bass guitar
and did a mighty fine job ...

Moses said to the LORD, "If you are pleased with me,
teach me your ways
so that I may know you and continue to find favor with you."
EXODUS 33:13

The ministry team did an excellent job presenting the message and music, with enthusiasm and passion. The congregation was led in worship and my heart was uplifted too.

After the service, Dylan invited me to meet the team members, some of their parents as well, and share some food with them. I enjoyed the fellowship very much and then headed back to Grand Rapids -- after, of course, getting thoroughly lost in Holland in the pouring rain ...

No comments: