Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Twenty-Eight and Lookin' Great!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SABRINA!
August 15

I love this picture of Sabrina -- look at that expression!
I think she is highly displeased at the outfit
she is being asked to wear ...
She is a girl of many faces ... this one is very sweet
I see a little bit of Jackson in that smile!
But this is a definite favorite of mine!
I was with her when she bought this harem costume
in Kusadasi, Turkey
Sabrina paid over one million lira for this outfit
back when she was "rich" and single!
Do you remember the Mystery picture

I posted awhile back?
No one ventured any guesses,
so I will just have to tell you!
This is Sabrina at her favorite store
PAGES IN TIME!
See?
Mr. Jones and I talked it over
and decided when Sabrina was here in Grand Rapids at the end of July
and it was only a few short weeks until her birthday,
we would give her her birthday money
so that she could shop at her favorite store
(there isn't one in Austin, TX)
Sabrina is an artist
She makes all kinds of cards for folks
She makes beautiful books and sends them to people
Her office is full of scrapbooking material
and wonderful memory books for her family to enjoy --
and she has designed all of it!
(Ah, she and Diana have much in common with this!)
We spent about an hour and a half
looking around the store
and Sabrina made good choices --
but even when given her birthday money,
she was spending it on other folk --
she was putting stuff in her cart for a
"scrapbooking buddy" of hers ...
that's only one of the very nice things about Sabrina!
And then it was time to pay --
UNBELIEVABLE!
I think she had 25 cents left over!
See that beautiful smile?
I see why some people call her "Sunshine"
She certainly is that to us!
Praying for the Lord's rich blessings on your life this year ...

3 comments:

Thursday said...

Great pictures. That first one is especially funny to me because I had a very similar (if not identical) outfit when I was about that age and I LOVED it. And now Sabrina probably wears more pink than I do. :)

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Sabrina!!!

Love, Adam & Emily

Sabrina said...

That first outfit was from Grandma Long... enough said about that!

Thank you so much mom! I love all the pictures, all the sweet things you said... I love you too so much! Thank you for making my dad special for me!

Oh, and I sent off those things I bought for my scrap buddy today! I hope that she loves everything I grabbed for her.