Monday, January 7, 2008

A Beautiful Love Story

A few days ago I clicked onto the link to my niece's blog, and found a prayer request there. Shelley did not attempt to tell the whole story (nor will I), but gave information so that I could read it for myself ... which I did ... and I want you to do too.

If you go to http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/ you will be blessed beyond words, and I hope prompted to breathe prayers throughout your day for this dear family. The "cf" stands for cystic fibrosis. Look at the awesome passage of Scripture the Lord has given them:

PSALM 34:1-4 (The Message)

"I bless God every chance I get;
my lungs expand with His praise.

I live and breathe God;
if things aren't going well
hear this and be happy.

Join me in spreading the news;
together let's get the word out.

God met me more than halfway,
He freed me from my anxious fears."

Please pray for PattySue, Nate and Gwyneth Rose Lawrenson.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this, Aunt Carol...and for praying for them. Even though I don't know them personally, they are constantly on my heart and mind. I can't read that verse without tearing up.

Mom Jones said...

You are welcome, Shelley. The last few days of reading the updates from this little family have been such a personal blessing to me -- it felt selfish not to share it with the few folk who follow my meager blog. Me too, about tearing up when I read that passage of Scripture.

Unknown said...

They are performing an emergency c-section right now. It began sometime right before 1:30 today (Tuesday)...

Mom Jones said...

I've been praying throughout the day ... one pounds six ounces ... such a tiny little one. I'll keep praying and will not forget this family.

Thursday said...

My cousin-in-law Mark has CF. He has been such a blessing to the whole family--we all love him a lot. It is wonderful to see how God has given him such an upbeat spirit. Like that Scripture points out, God has given us something more nourishing to breath than oxygen...how gracious of Him to grant extra portions to those in need!

Sabrina said...

I've been praying for them all since you told me about it last Friday but I'll try to read more about their story tonight. Thanks for posting it Mom.

Anonymous said...

My name is Lindsey and I am in search of long lost sisters by the name of Ruthanne and Shelly, their mothers name was Pat. I typed in their names into the internet and pulled up you page. If you happen to be related please contact me at LindseyLanaa@yahoo.com. Thank you for your time, Lindsey