Monday, November 10, 2008

I rearranged the refrigerator door ...

It's been an uneventful few days around here. I've been laid up with a nasty cold. I hate cold medicines and what they do to me. Plus, it's gotten real chilly here in Grand Rapids and I can't get warm for anything! Well, enough whining from Grandma Jones! I went over to Toys R Us this afternoon to do a little looking around, pre-Christmas like. While I was there, I bought another package of magnetic letters so that I could rearrange the names of the grandchildren on our refrigerator ... because I had to add Lottie. Nia is 14 months and I still have to get a name mug made for her ... now Lottie too! Nine grandchildren is a lot to keep up with. The girls are now in the lead: 5 to 4! Don't worry, we are not begging any of you to even up the score any time soon!

7 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Very cool! I like it. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! We FINALLY finished the kitchen. (Except for the wood floor, which we decided to leave until after Christmas because Shari is coming this week! :))

Mom Jones said...

I'm very excited for you to have Shari home early ... and with Esme'! You will have so much fun. Glad to hear about the kitchen too and can't wait to see it. I'll e-mail you about what we can do to add to the Thanksgiving feast. Yours is the best best best dinner ever ... just want to help make a significant contribution. :)

The Farm Fresh Friends said...

I had a dream that we had lots more kids--a whole bunch--and every single one of them (except for Nathan, who is already established) was a girl! Considering the great number, I will assume the dream was not prophetic. Otherwise you might need to purchase a larger refrigerator! =)

The Farm Fresh Friends said...

ps-Nia wonders where her name went? =)

Mom Jones said...

Oh man! I totally left Nia's name off when I was putting up Nathan and Lottie ... Mr. Jones pointed this sad fact out to me as we were walking out the door this morning, heading over to take care of children at church. I have now put Nia's name back on. She has such a short name! :)

The Farm Fresh Friends said...

Yes, Nia has a short name...and short legs. BTW, after a little analyzing, I have decided her sister shares this trait. Long legged Mom of two stumpy legged girls! We love them anyway. Nick insists this is a trait that they will grow out of. I remind him that HE never outgrew the disproportion! Do you have a place where you can special order those mugs? I was just trying to figure out how you would get a Nia and Lottie. Maybe you'll have to paint one: I think I recall Sabrina doing this for Karis. Love ya!

Sabrina said...

I did have to paint my own mug for Karis- the catch 22 to have an unusual name- although I thought I heard somewhere that you can have them ordered too... i'll have to check into it. Love the fridge Mom!