Friday, November 28, 2008

Our happy yesterday at Ruthanne's

Our internet has been up and down (but mostly down) all morning and I am just about on my last nerve with it! I'm hoping to sneak in a few pictures of our Thanksgiving Day yesterday before it zones out on me again.
After a clear and smooth ride from Grand Rapids, we arrived at about 11:15. It was SO good to see everyone! I haven't seen my niece, Shari, in over three years ... not since Shelley's Matthew was two weeks old.
Esme' Arabella was definitely the STAR of the day. She was passed around, cuddled, stared at, fussed over and downright admired every single minute!

It was wonderful to visit with Shelley, Bob and Matthew ... even though they could not stay for dinner! Here they are putting together a neat foam pirate ship, complete with pirates and accessories, that will float nicely in the bathtub. Shelley put it together once, Matthew took it all apart, and then promptly re-assembled it all on his own.
Did you know that Shelley is an illustrator? She is more than that, obviously, but one thing for sure ~ she is a marvelous artist. This is one of the books she has illustrated ... see her name on the cover? I'm going to have to get myself a copy of this book, and all of the others she has done.
Grandpa Jones was really really happy to hold and dote on baby Esme' ... most of the day! You know how he is with babies.
Ruthanne cooked up an amazingly delicious meal. We all ate too much! It was so nice to sit around the table and enjoy good conversation and wonderful food.
Mark and Shari (& Esme'!) have recently moved to Knoxville,Tennessee because of a job change for Mark. He is loving his new job. I'm so glad for them. It's about an 8-hour drive from Detroit instead of the 13-hour drive they used to take from N. Carolina ... so that's at least an improvement!
Shari gets to be a stay-at-home mom and is really thankful for that. This is the first holiday season in a really really long time that she hasn't had to work.
Here is Mr. Jones, the expert baby handler, showing all of us how to position a baby who is a little bit tired or fussy or gassy. Esme' seemed to enjoy this point of view very much. Like I said, Mr. Jones has a way with babies.
I got to hold Esme' too! She was pretty tuckered out by then and slept sweetly on my lap.
Nana and Roy enjoyed the day with us very much. Aren't they a nice looking couple? And Roy is really the nicest person you could ever want to meet. I just love spending time with him.
I always love coming to Ruthanne and Terry's house. I have many good memories here, and I just love them both so much. It's wonderful to see them with their grandchildren.
Shelley, Bob and Matthew had to leave before lunch, and I neglected taking very many pictures of them (which I regret). There was just so much going on at the same time! Shelley is due for baby #2 practically any second! We are praying for a safe delivery of another precious one ... which I kind of hoped would have been born just a tiny bit early so that we could meet her/him; but it wasn't to be!

So ... four weeks from yesterday is Christmas. I've only baked one batch of cookies so far! I finished assembling my Christmas cards, but I still have 50 to address! We have to drag out all of the decorations from underneath the basement stairs and get them up. And I have about a million lists to make, and gifts to purchase ... SO ... I'd best get started!

3 comments:

princess-anna said...

Hi My name is anna and I really your blog and music. I wonder if you could tell who the artist of the music is and the name of the cd or album. I would like to order it from my local christian bookstore or see if my local library has it.

it is a really good blog about the visit with Ruthanne

Unknown said...

It was great to see you yesterday! Sorry that it was so FAST...I didn't really get to talk with you as much as I would have liked...but still, I'm glad we crossed paths for a brief bit. =)

Mom Jones said...

Hi Shelley ... I wrote out your Christmas card today but am holding onto it until I find out the name of your baby so that I can write it on the card along with Matthew's name. I also googled your first and last name last night while over at my mom's house and found lots of interesting stuff! At least I know now where I can order your beautiful books! :)