Friday, November 14, 2008

Let's untie that yellow ribbon!






If I had it my way, trumpets would have been blasting, with people lining the streets, and a huge parade would be in progress to welcome my Jesse home. But this untying-the-ribbon-ceremony was a rather quiet one here at the Jones Junction.

Jesse said when they finally landed in the USA (Maine) there was a large group there to welcome his unit, mainly elderly veterans from WWII, all saying how proud they were of these guys getting off the plane. Jesse said it felt weird to have these brave men paying respect to him ... after all, THEY fought in a REAL war. Well, so did you Jesse. And so all of us thank you. To have you in harm's way for 15 months was a huge sacrifice for Diana, for Emma, Christopher and Matthew ~ it was a smaller one for the rest of your family, but it was difficult on all of us to have you that far away and not to know ...

So today, I lift my voice in praise to my Father in heaven who brought you home safely, watched over your life, guarded you, and never took His eyes off of you one single minute. It was wonderful, beyond words, to hear your voice today Jesse ... through the jumble of your little children squeeling and laughing and climbing all over you ... such joy!
WELCOME HOME, JESSE!

P.S. Check out Diana's blog (Di's Thoughts) and see pictures of Jesse's homecoming. It's almost as good as being there. I'm practically bursting with the joy of it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God! How wonderful that he is home safe and sound, back with his family.

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Carol:
We share the joy and thankfulness.
Mom and Dad Hand

Sabrina said...

I'm so glad he's back home!

Ruthanne said...

I cried when I read your comments. I can't imagine the joy you must have to have him home safe and sound. Praise the Lord!

Unknown said...

I don't know you at all - but when I read your post about Jesse's safe return I had tears streaming down my face! Praise God for his protection. Please give a HUGE heartfelt thank you to Jesse for fighting for our freedom and our Country!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.