Monday, November 17, 2008

My very favorite lunch

I'm a pretty low-maintenance kind of person ... honest! Almost every single day, I have the very same lunch. Quick. Easy. Yummy. I love English Muffins with real butter (a must), peanut butter and preserves. A tiny handful of potato chips on the side is nice, as well as a cup of yogurt and a mug of juice or steaming hot (and very sweet) herbal tea. Perfect.

One small problem, however. This summer when Ruthanne and I took our sister's retreat to Traverse City, we walked into one of those really nice general stores that sell specialty products: jams, preserves, honey, salsa, peanut butters, and all kinds of other fattening stuff. I bought a tiny jar of cinnamon pear preserves. It was SO delicious on my English Muffin! But it was just a very tiny jar and now ... it's gone. But last month while we were in Texas, Sabrina took us back to the general store in Greune where I bought the very BEST tiny jar of preserves EVER ... peach pecan! It was 10x better than the cinnamon pear preserves ... but look ... it's almost gone! I've dumped the jar upside down hoping to get one more yummy lunch ...
... and then I guess I'll have to go back to just plain old grape or strawberry preserves ... can you feel my pain?!

6 comments:

Thursday said...

*hint*Christmas present for Carol, Sabrina*hint, hint!*

Mom Jones said...

Exactly, Suz! :)

Sabrina said...

hint well noted... one of these days I see a trip to Greune in my future!

Anonymous said...

Were those the Which Wich house chips I saw in that picture?

Nick said...

Were those the Which Wich House Chips I saw in that Picture?

Mom Jones said...

Nicolas ~ ALMOST, but not quite! Meijer's is now making those kettle chips and these were the salt and pepper ones. I loved them! Your dad kept saying how much they tasted like Which wiche's chips ~ and I agree. :)