Monday, March 9, 2009

"Great" Granny ... he can't possibly mean ME!

Rachel and the kiddos came over for a little play time today. Rachel said that she thought she heard Nathan refer to me as "Great-Granny" a few times over at her folks' house. No, no, no. Great-grandmothers have white hair and are old, Nathan! Last year there was a time when Nathan referred to me as "old granny" but that is a long story ... and I did forgive him!
Nathan and I went "down, down, down" to the basement to play cars. Nathan wanted lots of tunnels built ~ "big" ones for the trucks and "fat" tunnels for the school bus ...
We made lots of block tunnels and Nathan was very pleased ...
But Boo was lonely, so we gathered all of the bear friends to the couch to keep him company. I pointed out to Nathan that we had a Mother Bear. Was Boo the Daddy bear?

Nathan: "No. Boo is not the daddy. Boo is the baby."

Nathan, looking at the poster on our basement wall: "That's me kissing Karis."

Me: "Yes, I can see that Nathan."

Nathan: "I will kiss Karis again, Great-Granny, and I will hug her too."

Me: (To myself ... "Yikes! Did he just call me Great-Granny??!!")
Grandpa Jones enjoyed Princess Lottie ...
... who had quite a gassy tummy today and felt somewhat miserable ...



Rachel decorated Queenie Nia with our little bells. She liked this very much. We could hear her jingling as she walked all over the house.
Nathan and I built a "block train" which Rachel had to tell me meant putting all of the blocks in a nice, neat row ... one after the other. We also built a "circle house" out of the ABC blocks.
Nathan, after turning the switch on the lighthouse: "Look. Look! Christmas lights, Great-Granny. This has Christmas lights!"

Me: ("Great-Granny?!!" I'm going to have to have a talk with this boy ... !)

Grandpa Jones taunted me mercilessly about my new granny name after the kiddos left; but then put his own spin on the Great-Granny designation ~ perhaps Nathan means I am a "super" granny ... as in "really good" ... not an old decrepit grandma. Well, I can pretend this is what he means if it helps me feel better! :)

No comments: