Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hey, Lottie!

Talk about surprises! Grandpa Jones and I were hanging around the house this afternoon when we looked outside to see a van drive into the driveway and a young lady get out, pick up a baby, and then proceed to walk up our walkway ...
I thought certainly she must have the wrong house! I wasn't wearing my glasses ... so I didn't even SEE that it was our Rachel and our newest and not-yet-met granddaughter! When Grandpa Jones announced who they were ... I thought he was kidding me!
Look at Grandpa Jones do his "magic" with this precious little bundle! They laughed, and talked, and acted like they had known each other ... forever! Babies absolutely love him. I think it's because his body is SO warm ... plus, he just really gets a bang out of newborns in general; extra specially so if they are his grandchild!
Here's the story ~ Rachel and the three kiddos left San Antonio very late Monday evening and drove straight through, with just little tiny breaks, and arrived here in Grand Rapids at about midnight Tuesday. Wow. That's a really really really LONG drive. They plan to stay in town for about two weeks! Nick is busy training for his new managerial job at Chili's, so Rachel came solo!
Nia and Nathan were resting at the McNeil's this afternoon when Rachel and Lottie came over here. We're going to see all of them Saturday and have a playtime together. It was so nice to finally meet Lottie Caroline today!

1 comment:

loisgroat said...

What a doll! I am so happy you get to be with grandchildren again.