Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our first day in Austin

We did a bunch of fun stuff today in Austin with Sabrina, Jackson and Karis. Olivia was in school all day, so we only got to visit with her a short time this evening. I was able to catch ONE picture of her, but she blocked her face off for all the rest I attempted ... and then I remembered that she really hates to have her picture taken ... and it was up to me to just respect that!
We went to our favorite park in Austin, Zilker Park. There is so much to do here and we didn't get to do it all!
The playground is such a nice one here. The little kids just love this fire truck. I think this is the fourth year in a row we have taken pictures of Jackson here.
There were tons of little kids playing here today. Jackson and Karis made some fast friends.
Jackson, being a bit of a monkey, crawled UNDER the fire truck looking for ... I'm not sure what! But I caught him at it, didn't I!

We took our sand toys with us and soon had a crowd of kids who wanted to play ... so we shared!
There was some new musical equipment this year, wooden percussion type xylophones (which I'm sure I have mispelled) ...



The Zilker Zephyr is the definite highlight of the park. The tracks wind around the park and next to the river. It's about a 20 minute ride.

We left the park and drove back home so that the kids could take their daily nap, which gave us big kids a little break in the action ...
Here is the only picture I was able to snap of Olivia where her face wasn't covered with her hands ... I hope she forgives me for posting it here on my blog ... but everyone always asks, "WHERE is Olivia? WHY aren't there any pictures of her?" So, here you go! It's the best I could do. She is a beautiful girl and I am not sure what her issues are with being photographed, but next Tuesday she has a track meet where perhaps I can sneak a few more photos ...
We had just sat down to dinner when this approaching storm hit ... with pretty strong wind and a downpour that lasted about 20 minutes ... and then the sun came out and there was even a rainbow. I tried to snap a picture of the rainbow, but the colors were not brilliant enough for my camera to handle ... it was nice to see the rainbow after such a hard rain. This whole area of Texas has been very lacking in rain for ... years actually. So the rain was a welcome thing. This is just a random shot of Jackson showing us his LEGO airplane. He received it for Christmas from Andrew's folks and has managed to keep it in one piece now for three months! Pretty careful of him ... he was very proud to show it to us. We played with toys around the house for the afternoon, the children showing us all of their favorite stuff.

I'm posting these two pictures of their house because I want Nana to be able to see it. I think she checks the blog daily to keep up with our trip and since she hasn't traveled to Texas in a very long time and has no plans to do so in the future, these pictures are for her! Hi mom! We plan to go back to San Antonio to spend some time with Nick tomorrow evening and Friday. Since his little ones are still in Michigan, we are having kind of an abbreviated visit with him. I'll try to post some pictures of whatever it is we decide to do while with him.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm glad you have at least one picture of Olivia!