Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Texas has its hazards ...

While we were in El Paso, Jes and Di reminded us that now and then they find a brown recluse spider IN their house. Diana even took a picture of a rather nasty looking one and had it on her camera to SHOW me. Yikes! I really HATE spiders. If we had seen one while there, I would NOT have taken its picture to post for you, because Nana is checking this blog daily and I wouldn't want to scare the daylights out of her!
This morning in Austin, there was a brief thunder storm, strong showers and HAIL. I went outside on the front porch to take a picture of the little hailstones there ... they were only pea-sized, but Sabrina says she has seen them much larger ~ and when driving through town, it isn't at all unusual to see a body shop that specializes in "hail repair" ...
This scorpion posed for a picture this morning ... WHERE?! In Sabrina's kitchen, near the refrigerator. Grandpa Jones snapped its picture before Jackson grabbed a utensil and chopped it in two! I remember Jes and Di saying they have seen these in El Paso as well. Kind of makes me glad to be a Michigander ...

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

It's just a little scorpion Mom! :) Usually the ones we see are all this size, thankfully or else I may have moved back already!

Unknown said...

Eeew! I guess Michigan has a few benefits, huh? Strangely the idea of the spider seems even worse than the scorpion. But Matthew likes spiders, so I have to pretend to like them "just a little". =)