Saturday, March 7, 2009

such a nice time ...

Grandpa Jones and I took over 100 pictures while we played today with Rachel and the grandchildren. It was tough to narrow it down to just 14 to show you ... but I've finally managed to do it!
There are times when I find it somewhat overwhelming to be with three very small children ... but today, happily, there was one adult for each little one ~ and we had such a nice time!
It's really really easy to connect with Nathan. He's interested in most everything that is going on and he has such a very engaging personality. We like each other!
Nathan and I were playing a little game with my camera. He would choose a toy, pose with it, and wait to see the result. "Ohhh ..." "Nice!" "Awww ..." he would say as I showed him each picture.
Nathan and I paired up for most of our playtime. Nia was pretty intent on NOT leaving Rachel's side. And you know who Grandpa Jones was buddies with! Nathan and I went all over the house examining each room for interesting objects. He really liked the music boxes in the living room. He tried his hand at the piano ... future maestro ... doesn't he look like he is actually reading and making beautiful music?
Nia is 18 months. Grandpa Jones says I can't call her a baby anymore because she is a big sister. NONSENSE! Look at those chubby cheeks and that precious little face ... she is still a baby!
Nia was really happy to be in any room Rachel was. She has the cutest giggle!


Baby Lottie enjoyed Grandpa Jones's company very much. He gave her a bottle and she took a little nap.
After our lunch, I showed Nathan the present I bought Grandpa Jones for Christmas. This Train Book is so much fun. Nathan really enjoyed winding up the little train and watching it zoom around the tracks.

Lottie got to be with her mom while Nia was eating lunch. Nia tolerated this because she really enjoys eating ... and Rachel was in plain view!

"Grandparents somehow sprinkle a sense of stardust
over grandchilren."
Alex Haley

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

what a fun visit and such beautiful pictures!