Monday, June 1, 2009

Caught!

"May your roots go down deep
into the soil of God's marvelous love."

EPHESIANS 3:18
People with cameras are downright obnoxious ... or at least they CAN be at times. It's been a stunningly beautiful spring around Grand Rapids and I take my camera everywhere I go! And, I'll admit, I will sometimes see a pretty sight and just have to stop my car, get out, and snap a picture ... or two!
The other day, I was driving down Knapp Street, not far from Knapp Corners, when I spotted these amazing flowers along this pretty white fence. I saw a place to pull over close by, got out and began taking a few pictures. The traffic on Knapp was pretty loud, but I had a vague feeling that someone was trying to get my attention ... so I perked my ears up a bit and tried to listen.
First of all, let me explain that this little white fence area is very close to a public sidewalk. The house that sits on this property is quite far back off the road ... so it's not like I was standing on someone's front porch snapping indiscriminate pictures! I finally realized the owner of this house was at her front window shouting at me. She wanted to know what on earth I thought I was doing!!! I smiled and told her that I thought her flowers were gorgeous and I was just snapping a few quick pictures of them. She hollered that those flowers were her daughter's, that she came over every day to take care of them, and I should leave them alone! I tried to explain to her (still smiling) that I wasn't touching them and wouldn't hurt them for the world ... that I was going to use these beautiful pictures to make greeting cards. And this is what she said: "I wish you wouldn't do that!"
Honestly, I was nowhere near this woman's house, nor was I being intrusive or rude. I had to walk toward the house to hear what she was saying to me ~ so I told this very bothered woman that I would go away. Perhaps it's a good thing this happened. I had been getting very bold in the last few days with my picture taking. I guess I'm lucky no one has set their dog on me!
These breathtaking flowers WERE very near someone's porch ... actually, these are flower-covered bushes that were underneath a front window and porch and I did get very close to snap a few pictures ... I couldn't resist!
I had driven past this house for three days in a row (!!) without taking one single picture! I just had this terrible feeling that if I didn't photograph these while I had the chance, the blooms would be gone and I would miss my opportunity. I have never seen prettier bushes in my life!
The owner of this house did not appear to be home ... otherwise, I think I might have knocked on the door to see if they could tell me the name of this beautiful bush ... because I would most assuredly save enough money to purchase one in the future! In the meantime, I've decided to TRY to be a bit more careful where I take pictures ... some people are easily annoyed I think! Oh ... and isn't that Scripture from Ephesians wonderful? " ... the soil of God's marvelous love." I just love to think about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!... Carol I am cracking up!.. That "lady" is a "clasic"~ I have exact words but I better not say..... so funny... you handled that well... the flowers are Beautiful and darn worth getting yelled at for!.. Go Girl! Keep taking Pictures! .... Love ya.. k