Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our fun and lots of family Friday!

Look! Olivia and Andrew FINISHED my 1000-piece lighthouse puzzle late Thursday evening! They only just started working on it Sunday afternoon. When it came to putting the last two pieces into the puzzle ... they were missing! I searched the living room area and found ONE piece under the couch ... so it was put in its place ... but what about that ONE last piece of the lighthouse?!! I was feeling all alarmed about it, because it's so very fun to put in the LAST piece of a huge puzzle like this ... and suddenly Olivia appeared with a small ring box and presented it to her dad ... and inside was that last piece ~ she had put it aside (secretly) to give to her dad so that he could be the one to put it in the puzzle. I thought that was really sweet of her!
Friday morning we went to Robinettes to eat one of their fresh-baked donuts. Here is Jackson out front in the wagon. I was so pleased to actually grab this shot of him ... he is faster than a speeding bullet and I usually miss great photo opportunities because I am ... TOO SLOW on the draw!

Jackson and Karis out front of Robinette's ...
This is Felicia Flamingo. I'm not sure I told you about her! Karis picked her out at the zoo on Thursday because she came with this cool little purse and she was pink and ... Karis liked her! She came along to Robinette's with us for a donut. As we were sitting at our picnic bench eating, I noticed Felicia was not at our table! I asked Karis WHERE she was. Karis very nicely told me Felicia had been "naughty" and was in "time out" all by herself ... and then Karis pointed WAY across the dining room to a table ~ and there was Felicia! Karis named her F-E-L-I-C-I-A just that morning. We had gotten out our baby names book and opened up to the letter "F" and I read her all of the choice "F" names for baby girls. Karis liked Felicia the best!
The donuts were very yummy!
While the grown-ups were doing a Meijer-run, Karis and Jackson and I were dropped off at a nearby playground to ... PLAY! The following pictures are of Jackson digging with the "digger" at the park ... this was the best photo opportunity I had of him ALL week ... he was so intense with this machine and I was able to take picture after picture!




Here is Karis going "way high" on the swings ...
And this is Karis with her hair all full of static from the slide ...
Later in the day, Adam arrived from Minneapolis ... and my brother and sister-in-law from Florida! What a great family day! I had not seen my brother (David) and wife (Carol) in two years ... so I was really happy to see them ~ but our visit was way too short!
Emily is absolutely adorable in her sixth month of pregnancy with OUR grandson #5!
Nana and Grandpa Roy came over too ... except I cropped Nana out of this picture because it wasn't good of her ...
Notice how Emily (our family hairdresser) is assessing my most recent haircut ...
And this is a self-portrait of Sabrina, Adam and Emily ... I'm not sure WHO was holding the camera, but I loved the result! You can tell how humid and hot it was in our house last night just from the shiny faces ... I don't have time to photo-edit the shine out right now ... but I know they will forgive me!

Today (Saturday) is Emily's baby shower. I'll try to show you some pictures of our time there later on tonight ...

1 comment:

Ruthanne said...

Carol, I enjoyed catching up on all your activities and pictures since your family arrived. I just got back from Florida tonight and it was fun to see all you have been doing. I have not been doing my blog since I started working again and I have to get back to it!! We should talk soon about our sister vacation. I am looking forward to it!!