Thursday, June 4, 2009

simply idyllic ...

I've been pretty occupied this week with getting the house and yard ready for when Sabrina, Andrew and the grandchildren arrive in just one week ... but I have taken some breaks from cleaning, lists and menu-making to walk around our neighborhood, as well as run errands. I always have my camera along ...
On our walk last night, Mr. Jones and I saw these four young kitties ... their mom was close by making sure they were behaving themselves ...
These delightful daisies were sunning themselves along a stretch of road on the southeast side of town ...

I drove past this pond somewhere along Forest Hills, but by the time I found a place to pull off the road, the swan and their cygnets were too far away to really get a good picture ... I had never seen baby swans before!
Inbetween birthday shopping for Jackson, and baby shopping for Adam and Emily's wee baby boy, I took a walk over at Calvin ... mmm ~ such peace ... such tranquility ...

Geese can get pretty riled up if you get too close to their goslings ... so I stayed my distance!
I may not be "rich" as far as money is concerned ... but I am exceedingly wealthy! I wouldn't trade the way-deep-down happiness that comes from knowing God and enjoying His awesome creation each and every day with all of the "riches" in this world!
" ... godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it!" I Timothy 6:6-7

2 comments:

Emily said...

I've seen baby swans before and I almost got clobbered by the mama swan for doing so (I was very little when this happened).

Mom Jones said...

Hi Emily! I googled "swan babies" last night and some folk have caught some really amazing pictures of them ... I hope you don't have nightmares about that mother swan! I had fun with my shopping day too ... I'm all set for our new sweet grandbaby boy! :)