Monday, June 22, 2009

Emily's baby boy shower ...

Last Saturday was our Emily's baby shower. Want to see some pictures? I hope so, because I sure have loaded a bunch. What's embarrassing, though, is that I was SO enamored with her Aunt Vicki's place that I neglected to take some really important photographs of ... people! I'll explain later ...
The outside front entrance to Aunt Vicki's is kind of like walking through a happy magical land that should have a delightful name all of its own ...
Plants and flowers and scuptures and delightful mobiles are hanging around ... EVERYWHERE!
I took one look at it ... and wanted to stay ... and practically lost all interest in anything else.
Gorgeous flowers of all kinds were blossomimg in every possible inch of soil ...
Lovely weather vanes in front of the house ...
... as well as down by the pond behind the house!
Cozy outdoor firepits ...
There seemed to be NOTHING Aunt Vicki's property didn't have!
... Good grief! Even a fabulous mosaic on their patio wall which is under their back deck ...
My eyes were delighted with every single INCH of this place!
I love daisies!
Aunt Vicki's house sits on a sloping piece of property that joins another, totalling 10 acres. The grounds are just amazing!
Oh my ... if you look very closely in the above picture, you will see Emily (in the blue shirt) walking with her friends ... I bet you thought I was NEVER going to actually show you any people at all!
The cake says, "To Welcome Your Bouncing Boy!"
This is one of those clever diaper sculptures made to look like a cake ...
There were TONS of beautifully-wrapped presents waiting to be opened ... the one with the little monkey in the center was from Grandpa Jones and myself ...
You will be relieved to know that I did NOT explore Aunt Vicki's house on the inside ... I wanted to, but I stayed in the main room the entire time ...
This picture was taken looking through the salt-water fish tank Aunt Vicki has sitting on the kitchen counter ... it seems like everything she touches is perfectly beautiful! Can you believe that I neglected to take even ONE picture of her? That is so pathetic of me! I'm not very good at people pictures, and I don't enjoy having MY picture taken ... so a lot of times, it doesn't cross my mind to aim the camera at a person (unless it is one of my grandchildren!) ...
I did manage to get a picture of Aunt Vicki's dog, Oliver (Ollie) ...
After our delicious lunch, we were ready to watch Emily open gifts. Look at how darling Emily looks sitting in front of ALL of these presents! She has such a beautiful smile, doesn't she?

This Noah-the-Ark quilt was made by Emily's Grandma Nancy, who also managed NOT to get her picture taken! The young lady sitting on the floor, carefully noting the giver of each gift, is Emily's sister-in-law, Brit (married to her brother, Ben).
Instead of writing out a greeting card for Emily and the baby, we were instead requested to choose a children's storybook and sign it especially for them ~ what a nice idea! "Five Little Monkeys" was the book Sabrina gave to them.
And these are some of the really cute outfits Sabrina picked out for her new nephew. This little guy got SO MANY darling outfits! I won't show you pictures of ALL of them because it would just take too long!
I forgot who the giver of this gift was ... but how cute to pick out a stuffed bear that matched the bear in the book!
Emily is opening up the highchair Grandpa Jones and I purchased ... but see the unopened box that is standing up with the two balloons attached? We had a bad feeling about that box as soon as we laid eyes on it! It was exactly the same size as MY box ... and yes, it did contain another high chair ... the exact same one! Hmmm ... we think Babies 'R Us messed up on the register. Brit actually purchased HER highchair before I did ... so perhaps it was my mistake! No harm, though ~ Adam and Emily were able to return the duplicate and get a store credit.
I loved watching Emily have so much fun opening these sweet and tiny things for her baby boy ...
This monkey blanket is actually the pattern Emily picked out for the baby's nursery ... she has the bumpers and the crib sheets, as well as some other stuff that goes with it. She also received several monkey stuffed animals.
Sabrina and Olivia were here at the shower too ... however, you would never know it by MY pictures! Yikes. I failed to take even ONE picture of them, as well as Judy Sink ... not even Emily's mom is in one of my pictures! Hopefully, Sabrina did a better job of picture taking. She was using Adam and Emily's camera throughout the shower ... I wandered back outside and just walked and walked ...
This is the little pond in back of their house ... the sound of frogs was everywhere!

I took about 130 pictures of this amazing place ... I was SO visually delighted ...


I loved this little birdhouse ...

And this little canoe is wind-powered ... or you can just spin the prop if you want to see the Indians row the boat!
Aunt Vicki's husband builds a lot of this stuff that I've been showing you. I did not meet him, but probably would have neglected taking a picture of him if I had!
I loved this quiet little garden house ...

And doesn't the exquisite doorknob to this garden house just make you smile? Well, I wish you could have walked around the grounds of this place with me ... there is so much more to explore here ... and marvel at ... and play with! I intend to send Aunt Vicki a card to thank her for such an enchanting afternoon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A thoroughly enjoyable post. You're the best.

Emily said...

I told you Aunt Vicki has some really neat stuff. It seems there is always something to look at there. I'm stealing some of your pictures to post on facebook.

Mom Jones said...

Hi Emily ... I could have stayed at your Aunt Vicki's for hours and not run out of stuff to photograph! I do apologize for neglecting to take pictures of your family and friends who came to the shower ... honestly, I was just overcome with the beauty everywhere around me and it just never crossed my mind to take pictures of ... people! You go right ahead and steal any pictures you want ... :)