Monday, June 1, 2009

Letting go ... again!


Just a few days ago we celebrated Dylan's 25th birthday. And today, we helped move him from our house to the place where he will be living for the next little while. He would have moved out sooner, but actually, he really hasn't LIVED here at home with us for a long time ... just quick visits here during school breaks and summers off from school.
This is the house where Dylan will be living. His friend, Paul, owns it. Two other fellows rent rooms here and now Dylan does too! I think it has real character, as do tons of houses over in Eastown ... all of them so interesting. This whole street is lined with nice houses, well-kept yards, gorgeous flowers ...
After we unloaded our van and Dylan's car, we caught a quick lunch at Wolfgang's on Wealthy Street. I had never even heard of this place before! It's kind of an all-day breakfast cafe', but it has a nice luncheon menu as well.
This beautiful plaque is hanging just inside the entrance to Wolfgang's!
While we were waiting for our food, I ducked out of our booth to take some quick pictures ... do you see anyone you know in the picture above ... look real closely, Sabrina, and you might see a very dear friend! I didn't notice her at all while I was taking this picture and then I ducked outside to take some pictures of the window box flowers and felt an arm slip through mine and got a nice hug from ...
SUZ!!! How delightful to bump into her today! Suzanne was one of Sabrina's roommates at Calvin ... and I think they roomed together for three years. I made her give me her word that she would come over to see us while Sabrina is in town. She was joining a friend for lunch at the very same time we wandered on over to have lunch ... what a very nice coincidence. She is smiling at Mr. Jones in this picture ... a beautiful smile, Suz.
So this is Dylan's new neighborhood. I'm very happy about him being here. Eastown is chuck full of interesting people, shops, fun places to eat, and Dylan has many friends who live nearby.
So the Jones Junction is empty once again ... (sigh)!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Yeah Suz! I hope we connect when we are all home in MI for a week.

Thursday said...

So fun. And I almost knocked a couple down in my rush to get out to see you, Carol! Whoops!

Yes, Sabrina, I hope it works for us, too!