Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Giver of life ...

I have just a few more pictures of Jeremiah to share with everyone from the past few days. He is such a beautiful little baby that I find it hard to take my eyes off him if he is in the room.
Grandpa Jones, kind of a big fellow and very warm to snuggle with, is amazingly good with infants ...
We told Adam and Emily to take a nice long rest during the afternoon yesterday and we would take care of baby Jeremiah. Emily had supplied us with enough milk to keep Jeremiah happy for a few hours, so we got to feed him his bottle ...
As I looked at this perfect little boy baby, I couldn't help but give praise to the great and awesome God who created him ... so exquisite and beautiful ... each tiny finger and toe so delicate and perfect ...
We got some very beautiful smiles from Jeremiah yesterday and kept trying to photograph those smiles as they happened ... which is difficult to do because babies don't stop and smile for the camera when asked ...
But see? Grandpa Jones captured this smile just perfectly!
"You formed me with Your hands and You made me ..." Job 10:8
"You guided my conception and formed me in the womb ..." Job 10:10a
"You gave me life and showed me Your unfailing love ..." Job 10:10c

So we praise God for the miracle of every single beautiful baby ... and specifically for this 10th grandchild of ours. We are standing in awe ...

2 comments:

Ruthanne said...

What a beautiful (? I can't think of another word that fits!) baby boy! He is just perfect! I really am jealous, Carol. I can't wait to have another. (grandchild, that is)

MomJones said...

Hi Ruthanne ... I know ... I use the word BEAUTIFUL way too much, but I'm not a writer, so that's the best I can do too! Yes, Jeremiah is absolutely exquisitely perfect in every way. I never get tired looking at him, smelling him, feeling his softness ... I'm so glad you get to have another sweet grandbaby. God is so wonderfully good to let us "older" folk enjoy these little ones!