Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Last Friday in Rockford ...

"He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
He drew me out of deep waters ...
He led me to a place of safety;
He rescued me because He delights in me."
PSALM 18:16 and 19
I drove out to Rockford last Friday afternoon to take a walk. Mr. Jones was railroading ... and I had a few errands to run that kind of took me in that direction.
Once I finally made up my mind that summer was NOT coming back, I've really enjoyed the beautiful fall weather. And the colors are absolutely intoxicating ...
I'm posting these pictures mostly for our families down in Texas, who do not get to see the seasons change so dramatically ... doesn't looking at these pictures almost convince you to move back HOME to Michigan?!!


I used a few of these pictures today and made two cards, and then I remembered that I'd had all of those computer problems last week and hadn't posted any of these beautiful pictures! So here they are!

3 comments:

Ruthanne said...

I absolutely LOVE that picture of the leaves!! This is just such a beautiful time of year in Michigan - you gotta love it!

Mom Jones said...

Hi Ruthanne! Yes! It is a beauty beyond my ability to describe. I am absolutely delighted, right down deep to my toes, everytime I glance out of my windows! And walking in the woods is amazing. I'm so very thankful God has given all of it for us to enjoy.

P.S. I miss you.

Sabrina said...

It does almost convince me! It's kinda like rubbing salt in the wound a bit too but just kidding. I miss the seasons changing and it does make me a bit homesick for MI but keep posting those pictures for me please.