Thursday, October 8, 2009

We FINALLY meet Jeremiah!

Good morning! I wanted to run this post LAST night and show you all of the pictures we took of baby Jeremiah, but our computer was NOT behaving and we just ran out of steam and gave up! We are almost ready to drive over to Adam and Emily's and visit all day long with our new grandson ... isn't he just perfectly beautiful?
We were in our van for 13.5 hours yesterday and so we were pretty exhausted when we arrived over at Adam and Emily's last night at about 8:20 Minnesota time. We only stayed for about an hour because we didn't want to intrude on Adam's schedule. He has to get up really early for work, and like I said, we were tired too. We took quite a few pictures ...
The little ghost onesie Jeremiah is wearing is from his Aunt Brit, at least that's what I think Emily told me ... he is SO adorable!
It really wasn't fair to take so many pictures, flashing our rude cameras in his little face ... he had been soundly sleeping before we arrived, so in these first pictures, he is trying to wake up and was squirming around and trying to focus ...
But here he is fully awake, eyes wide open. It was wonderful to finally meet him.

We came bringing many gifts from many different folk. Grandma Theda hand embroidered this lovely little blanket for Jeremiah.
Aunt Peg purchased several cute gifts ... Jeremiah is holding a little frog "silkie" from Aunt Peg that are so nice for babies to cuddle with (Nia has 3 silkies!) ...

This is a hooded bath towel from Aunt Peg which will look completely hysterical when worn ...

Grandpa Jones held Jeremiah for a long time. This is a rather scary picture of Grandpa Jones. He is in the process of growing a beard for Festival of Lights this year ... this is how he looks with a three-day growth ... YIKES! Jeremiah didn't seem to mind ...
I love some of the phrases found in Psalm 139 about God's wonderful miracle of creating life and I'm just going to share a few ...
"Every moment You know where I am ... You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me SO wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous ... You watched me as I was being formed in utter secluson, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are Your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up in the morning, You are still with me!"
Grandpa Jones and I brought some gifts too. Jeremiah's nursery is decorated with ... monkeys ... as well as other things. He has received many different kinds of stuffed monkeys so far and we added to his collection. We also gave him an activity center which will be fun for him to play with once he is able to sit up on his own.
And doesn't Emily look great? Jeremiah's delivery was three weeks ago now. It was quite a prolonged ordeal for Emily, but she has bounced back very nicely.
And yes! I did finally hold Jeremiah, but I've cropped myself out of this picture ~ I looked as scary as Grandpa Jones after being cooped up in the van all day!
This is Jeremiah's high-tech "swing." I've never seen anything like it in my life. It doesn't swing like a normal swing that little kids use at a park ... it actually sways back and forth just like a mother does when holding her baby. It plays beautiful music and other soothing sounds ~ plus, their infant car seat can hook into it as well so that when they travel, all they have to do is bring the base of this "swing" ... we thought it was pretty cool. And doesn't Jeremiah look comfy?
We're looking forward to our days here, getting to know Jeremiah, visiting with Adam and Emily, and just enjoying our precious little grandson! I'll try to show you more pictures later ...

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

what a cutie! I found ou tmy monkey was sent to the wrong address and is now somewhere between them and I... oh well... if it ever reappears I'll just resend it... if not I think I know what the Christmas present will be! Love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

hi ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices for the velcros were all over 210 bucks on every site. But definitively I set this site selling them for half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm really into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices seeking the boots are approximately 170 dollars on every site. But finally I base this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi there ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that particular model. The prices as regards the boots are approximately 220 dollars on every site. But finally I found this site selling them for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking for that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the velcros were about 250 bucks on every site. But definitively I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you tell me about these?