Saturday, October 31, 2009

Two adorable candy corn(s) ...

First of all, Happy All Saint's Eve! We had rather bleak weather predictions in Grand Rapids for this evening; however, instead of pouring rain and possible snow showers, our rain stopped in the early afternoon, the wind died down, and we were just left with chilly temperatures ... nothing to complain about at all ... really ... unless you do NOT like cold weather (!).
Look who were our very first trick-or-treaters tonight! They arrived at just a little past 5:00, faces beaming with the excitement of being dressed up in such adorable custumes!Baby Boo got to come along and enjoy all of the festivities ...
We never really get a ton of trick-or-treaters anymore in our neighborhood ~ everyone has grown up. Last year, we only had 34 children call at our door. So I loaded up our little ghostie bowl with an assortment of candy and just dumped it out into Nathan and Nia's bags a little at a time until it was ... ALL GONE! I knew we had more candy inside for the neighborhood kids who would come later.
I think our Nathan Paul looks pretty happy that Halloween has finally come. I heard Rachel telling him yesterday that he had "one more sleep" until Halloween arrived.
Nia Madelynn was thoroughly enjoying her sucker. Nathan and Nia didn't stay very long. They were driving back to their other granny's house to go trick or treating around her neighborhood for a little while.

I checked Sabrina's blog this afternoon and I know what Jackson and Karis are dressing up to be tonight (click on The Rauch Report to see!). And a few weeks ago when I was in Minneapolis, I saw a cute little skeleton sleeper that I think Jeremiah was going to wear this evening. But I haven't any idea what Emma, Christopher and Matthew are dressing up to be this year ... perhaps they will post some pictures on their blog for us to see (please?).

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh those weren't their costumes they just wanted to wear their hats to the pumpkin patch.

Mom Jones said...

Oops! I totally thought they were going as a cowboy/cowgirl type of thing ... my mistake! :) I haven't clicked on your blog to see if you posted any further pictures ... I'll do that right now! :)

Unknown said...

love the candy corns -- too cute!