Sunday, December 13, 2009

From El Paso to Grand Rapids ...

My day started early today ~ 4:45 a.m. ~ but I am a morning person anyway and used to get up each and every day at that very time, so it wasn't a big deal. Jesse drove me to the airport to catch my flight, although he had an alarm clock malfunction, so I had a few anxious moments waiting for him over at the Annex ... but then he arrived and we made it to the airport in time for me to board the plane ~ whew! :)
This is what the Franklin Mountains looked like a few minutes after takeoff, under crystal clear blue skies this morning ...
I took this picture about 30 minutes into the flight ... so I think we were over New Mexico somewhere, but I can't be sure ...
If flying wasn't such an expensive deal, I'd like to do it more often. I love the experience of flight and the amazing perspectives it offers.
That shadow is MY plane reflecting into the clouds ... isn't that cool? My plane to Detroit was delayed 40 minutes in Chicago. They said they had to add more fuel because of the weather conditions in Detroit. We had already boarded and had to wait for the fuel truck to come and add more. They never did say what weather conditions prompted them to do that, and when we landed in Detroit, everything was clear!

Thankfully, I had an uneventful drive from Detroit Metro to Grand Rapids tonight, arriving home just a little while ago. I'm way too tired to tell you about the great time I had in El Paso. I have a ton of pictures to edit tomorrow, and then I'll post them and tell you our story.

3 comments:

Larry& Judy Hand said...

Glad you had a safe trip. Beautiful
flight pictures.

Sabrina said...

Glad you are home safe and sound again. Can't wait to hear about all the fun you had.

Emily said...

Can't wait for pictures!