Wednesday, December 2, 2009

No snow yet!

"The grass withers, and the flowers fade,
but the word of our God stands forever."
ISAIAH 40.8

I was at church briefly today, running a little errand, and snapped a picture of this perfect miniature rose blooming with all its might ... on DECEMBER 2! I spoke with Jesse two nights ago and El Paso had received 3-5 inches of snow that day ... snow in Texas before snow in Michigan?! Unheard of. And Sabrina said Austin was predicted to have some snow showers last night as well. I enjoyed the sunshine and warm temperatures today as much as I possibly could. A cold front is predicted to arrive sometime tonight and then I'm thinking things will be more like normal Michigan weather. I was so glad to see this beautiful rose this morning ~ it will surely die in the soon-coming freeze, and many months will go by without the joy of one single blossom. But God's Word remains. Alive. Beautiful. Fresh. Unchanging. I'm so glad.

I finished all of our Christmas shopping today. I'm exhausted, but very happy with every gift purchased! I have a bunch of baking yet to do, and I haven't even started decorating the house ... but now that the shopping is done, I'm seriously going to get at it!

2 comments:

Emily said...

When are you leaving for El Paso?

Mom Jones said...

Hi Emily! I leave for El Paso on the 10th out of Detroit very early in the morning, so I am driving to my aunt's house the day before because she lives 15 minutes from Metro. I come back Sunday the 13th and land in Detroit mid-afternoon. So I will return home a week before any family comes to Michigan ... :)