Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Plan B ...

I have airline tickets to El Paso (from Detroit) very very early Thursday morning. I had planned to drive to Detroit tomorrow afternoon and spend the night with my Aunt Jan, who lives about 15 minutes from the airport. But it seems we have an enormous winter storm heading our way, beginning with snow but then turning to ice during the day tomorrow and then switching back to snow. They say this could be the biggest winter storm we receive all season. They are predicting blizzard conditions here in West Michigan for Thursday. Sigh.

So, I'm leaving for Detroit in just a few minutes. Nana was a little anxious about me traveling in those predicted dangerous conditions for tomorrow (and so was I), so I am going to my aunt's house today! She is a very kind and hospitable person and says she is very glad to have me a day early.

Once I get to El Paso I'll try to post about our activities, but probably without photographs until I return home. I am very excited to see Jesse, Diana, and the children and celebrate an early Christmas with them. Can't wait to tell you all about it ...

5 comments:

Emily said...

Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
loisgroat said...

Good choice! Have fun with Aunt Janice, I'm assuming. :)

Sabrina said...

So glad to hear that you decided to head over to Detroit early. I'll be praying for safe travels and for time to slow down so it doesn't pass by too quickly. Love ya Mom.

Larry & Judy Hand said...

God Bless and be with you on your
trip, Carol. Hope all goes well and
you have fun. I know the El Paso
gang will be so happy and excited to
see you.