Saturday, December 5, 2009

Little Jeremiah play on your horn ...

2009 is the fifth year for our grandchildren's tree, and today I decorated it! Last year I had purchased some ornament/frames and had ONE leftover that I left unopened under our little tree during the Christmas season. We wondered WHO would occupy this little bugle ornament?!
Doesn't Jeremiah Cornelius fit just perfectly in the bugle? And look! I found a train ornament at my favorite toy store and had them personalize it especially for Jeremiah ... it is difficult to find his name on the pre-named ones, but this has been true for about half of our grandchildren's names ...
I love putting this little tree together ... except when I switch out each picture to update it, all of the prior years' pictures are behind ... and I get so sad to see how fast all of our grandchildren are growing up!
Above is our Austin family. It is still pretty easy to find Olivia names on items to purchase, but I have never seen KARIS on anything ... nor JACKSON either!
And this is our El Paso kiddos ... Emma, Christopher and Matthew ... all three names I can still find anywhere I look!
And this is our Bandera grandchildren. I don't think I will ever find a single purchase with NIA or LOTTIE prewritten ... but that's okay!
This tiny family tree sits in our already very crowded dining room ... I love it when the grandchildren come "home" for Christmas and run to find their ornaments ...
After working seven hours at decorating the house, I'm tuckered out for the night! Usually, I have finished this task a week earlier ... but our weather was too ... UN-Christmas-y last week! With 14" of snow, I was finally in the mood!

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Looking good Mom! Can't wait to join you in all that snow!

landscaping trees said...

Yes, It is good. nice work.

Emily said...

Nice decorations!

We purchased our tree yesterday but it' now ready to be pictured. It' looks awfully bare. We literally have about 10/12 ornaments on it.