Saturday, May 1, 2010

A lament for Thomas K ...

This is our very first spring without Thomas K. He used to be my constant companion while I worked outside in the yard. PLUS ... he guarded our property and made SURE no intruders got very comfortable around here! But last summer he got into a little bit of trouble with the neighbor cats and so he had to be deported. He now lives (quite comfortably) at Shane's apartment.
But LOOK what we found the other day hanging out at our house! There were three rather LARGE rabbits right in our back yard! One had enough boldness to sit on our deck! He ran off when I tried to photograph him ...
We haven't done any planting of our flowers or vegetables yet ... but I'm a little worried ...
Will any of them survive without the vigilant protection of Thomas K.?!! I've been digging weeds and working our flower bed dirt for the last week ... and I will admit I've been a little lonesome without Thomas.

No comments: