Sunday, May 2, 2010

Walking ... in the cool of the day ...

I went for such a nice walk this evening! We've had a few days of welcomed rain that has watered everything so beautifully. I got to thinking that it had been awhile since I had visited over at Mr. Lyle's house and fed his horses, so I just wandered on up the street to see them.
I love this piece of property. So many flowering trees!
And of course ... the horses. It's a good thing I came up to see Dusty and Tuffy today because tomorrow, Dusty is moving away! Dusty is a sadle horse and Mr. Lyle is getting too old to ride him. When his great-grandchildren come over, he lets them ride Tuffy (the smaller horse), but all the while the children are riding Tuffy, Dusty throws a complete fit out in the yard. I've seen him do it! I didn't know horses could pitch a fit, but they can! Anyway, Dusty is moving to a children's camp in the Traverse City area. Lyle thinks that perhaps they'll purchase a miniature to be a playmate for Tuffy.
I fed the horses some compressed hay pellets while Mr. Lyle and I talked for awhile. Mrs. Lyle (Marilyn) came outside and chatted for awhile too. They have been married 57 years this summer and have lived in this beautiful location for the last 32 of them.
We walked around their property for quite awhile this evening, enjoying the smell of lilac bushes, the evening air, watching the bees go about their business ... all the while talking about our Lord who made it all.

And look at these dainty lilies of the valley ... so beautiful ... growing wild on the side of the road. I would love to have these growing in my garden!

"Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as He was walking in the garden in the cool of the day ..." Genesis 3.8. For a little while tonight, I had a glimpse of what that might be like ... some day ... when He makes everything NEW ... to walk with Him in one of His gardens, and enjoy the beauty of His presence.

No comments: