Tuesday, May 18, 2010

These will be SO pretty ... hopefully!

Nicolas and Rachel live in Bandera, Texas. For Mother's Day, Rachel's parents were able to drive down and visit them for a few days. When I walked into second service at church this past Sunday, Rachel's mom (also named Carol) motioned me over, and gave me a pretty gift bag from Nick and Rachel ... with four packs of seeds inside! I love flowers. I love to grow flowers. I am NOT always successful, however. Last year, I planted zinnia from seed ... and they were a complete FLOP. I was so disappointed. I think perhaps I weeded my little plot a bit too aggressively and inadvertently dug up the very flowers I was longing to see bloom!
But I have not given up! I now have these wonderful seeds to plant! I have a package of butterfly/hummingbird wildflower mix, an all annual wildflower mix, and a package of corn poppy seeds (as in the above picture) ~ I can't wait to plant them! Hopefully, my back will be less painful by this weekend, and I will go to work on it! They also gave me some Texas Bluebonnet seeds. It says to plant the bluebonnet seeds in the fall ... this is NOT Texas, so I'm wondering if they will grow in Michigan ...
Thanks, Nick and Rachel, for these great seeds. I intend to plant them and not do ANY weeding at all for a few weeks ...

No comments: