Thursday, May 20, 2010

This and that ...

I needed to create a card yesterday for Mr. Jones's brother who is retiring. We were invited to his retirement party down in Coshocton this weekend, but received the invitation too late to cancel our weekend obligations here ... so I was on a mission yesterday to find just the right pictures to make into a card for "Uncle Rick."
It's not that I don't have thousands (at least) of beautiful pictures already on my computer that I could choose for this purpose, but Uncle Rick is a train buff ... to the core ... and I just wasn't happy with any of the train pictures I possessed! Ah ... wonderful excuse to go walking in the woods and take some new ones! And aren't railroad tracks wonderfully lonely looking?
These little purple wildflowers were everywhere as I walked back in the woods by Stoney Creek ~ aren't they lovely?
I was able to get plenty of railroad track photos to use for making my card. I was hoping a train would happen by ... we can actually hear them at our house several times during the day, but they don't seem to run on a predictable schedule. So ... no trains ... just tracks!
Later in the evening, we had a surprise visit from one of our friends ... the family that has the ten beautiful children. Christina stopped by with a beautiful plant for us! She wanted to thank Mr. Jones and I for helping out with transportation for their family ~ and it's not even out of our way to help them out!
This is the Apricot Hibiscus plant from Christina. I'm going to plant it somewhere in one of my flowerbeds ... although I'm not sure which one yet. I love this gorgeous apricot color. I planted a hibiscus LAST year, but it is NOT coming back this spring. It looks awfully dead and I was feeling rather mournful about it ... but no need!
This morning, I had breakfast with Kelly over in Eastown ~ a yummy $1.99 breakfast ~ but as I was walking from the parking area to the restaurant, this flower was just begging to be photographed ... I don't know what it is, but I would love to have a bush like this in my yard. After we had a very enjoyable breakfast, we went to several printers to see about the printing of Dylan and Kelly's wedding announcement ... which is only 10 weeks away now! It is so much fun to spend time with Kelly.
I've been working out in the yard the past few days, getting everything ready for planting our annuals. Tomorrow, we're going to purchase them and plant them!
The last few pictures are of flowers that are growing around our neighborhood. There is such a variety in what the LORD has made, isn't there? The colors, shapes, textures, size, fragrance ~ and all of it brings me so much ... satisfaction ... deep joy ... true happiness. Hope you are feeling the JOY!

No comments: