Friday, May 28, 2010

We celebrate Dylan's birthday ...

I just got home from a pizza dinner/birthday celebration for Dylan over at Shane's apartment. It's the evening before his birthday, but that's the only day we could all get together ... so we did! Besides, the 27th was his actual due date ... he just showed up four hours and 52 minutes late (26 years ago!).
Kelly is now a regular part of our get-togethers. There is, afterall, only 65 days until their wedding. I love Kelly. She is so easy to be with. She told me the other day that she wakes up happy every day with the knowledge that she is going to marry Dylan. Well, you can imagine how happy that makes a mother's heart, can't you?
I sure enjoyed being with Dylan and Kelly and with Shane tonight. We talked about good books we've read, discussed future plans, shared our love of the Lord, and Kelly even sang us a little song she has written while Dylan accompanied her on the ukulele!
Kelly has a contagious kind of JOY that just spills out of her. I'm so glad she and Dylan are getting married. As you go through this coming year, Dylan, I will continue to pray "that you will live a life worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way, bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God ..." (Colossians 1:10,11). Thanks for all the joy you have brought to my life ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: