Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A package ... for ME!

Happiness! A package! I knew it was coming ... but not this soon! I was thinking perhaps by Friday ~ and today is only Wednesday!
I am now the very ignorant owner of my very own MP3 player! How cool is that? Not being technical at all (like ... less than zero), I've never been too interested in these gadgets. But I LOVE music and I especially love children's music that teaches about the Lord. When I work with the children over at church, we play music constantly. It helps sets the tone. Plus, many of the Bible stories have songs that actually retell the entire story in a very fun way. The last few times we have visited down in Texas, I wished that I was able to do children's music with my grandchildren ... but I have SO many CD's, and we carry so much stuff to Texas already!
I was asking Adam for advice about an MP3 player a few weeks ago ... like would I EVER be able to understand HOW to use one, and where was the best place to get a very basic model, etc.
So Adam, being a technical expert, did some looking into it for me and ... since Mother's Day was up and coming, told me to expect a package in the mail. This was more than sweet of he and Emily ... THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I'm so excited to learn about my new toy! The very cool thing about it is this mobile speaker ... because what good would it be for children's music to be going into my ears that my grandchildren couldn't also hear? This speaker is about 4" high and perhaps 2" in circumference ... very very portable. I'm going to have SO much fun using this and sharing wonderful music with the grandchildren! Grandpa Jones, naturally, is going to be the instructor and teacher of all of this stuff ... because ... I'm going to need his help!

1 comment:

Adam said...

Glad that you got the package. If you have questions, just e-mail or call me.