Monday, May 10, 2010

So pretty in pink ...

I had a very nice Mother's Day yesterday. I invited my mother and Roy, Shane, Dylan and Kelly over for lunch. I completely intended to take a bunch of pictures of everyone enjoying the meal and even had my camera right in the dining room where I could grab it quickly ... but I did not take one single picture! Dylan and Kelly brought me a darling pot of Kordana mini-roses that had two roses already blooming and seven buds! So this morning, I took a few pictures of them to show you.
Since Mr. Jones and I were already committed to three morning services at church yesterday, I needed to kind of cook as much of our meal ahead of time as possible, and then just re-heat it as best as I could. I decided to try a brand new recipe for cooking fish. It was called vegetable-stuffed fish, and it sounded like something Dylan and Kelly would especially like ... and hopefully everyone else! The recipe called for sauteing shredded carrot, onion, and zucchini and then adding crushed crackers, Parmesan cheese, and one egg, mixing it all together to make the dressing. It was very colorful and I thought it was pretty easy to make. The fish wasn't all that flavorful, though, so it was kind of a "ho-hum" result. But the cheesy potato casserole was a hit, as were the glazed baby carrots, fresh green beans, and garlic bread. We had pound cake with fresh strawberries for dessert ... yum!
After lunch, we watched some of the Tiger/Indian baseball game which Detroit sadly lost. But ... I always love a baseball game, and overall, the Tigers are doing well early on this season.

I was able to touch bases with just about everyone in the family yesterday, either via Facebook, e-mail, or the telephone ... so it was a nice family day! Aren't these roses exquisite? I have looked them up on the internet and I have some reading and learning to do ~ I am determined NOT to kill them! I hope your Mother's Day was every bit as nice as mine.

3 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Those are my favorite color of roses! Beautiful!!! I love rosebuds! Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

Emily said...

Happy Mother's Day! Our gift to you is in the mail and should arrive sometime last this week or early next week. Pretty flowers!

Mom Jones said...

Thanks so much, Emily! I am really quite amazed at all the research Adam has put into this ... and how very kind both of you are! I can't wait to receive it and get it all set up! :)