Thursday, May 6, 2010

My very favorite place ...

If you know anything about me at all ... it's that I love Lake Michigan, lighthouses, and especially Grand Haven. I haven't driven over there since February (these pictures were taken exactly one year ago!) ... but actually, I go there every single day ~ multiple times per day! There is a website called surfgrandhaven.com that I have as a link on my sidebar, but it's titled My Favorite Place ... and all I have to do is click on it and ... VOILA'! I am AT Grand Haven! They have a live camera feed and I can see the lighthouse any time of the day or night that I please! And oh ... what a sight!
Believe it or not, it helps my wandering spirit to just lay eyes on this spot of the earth. And it's so fun to watch the weather change from totally calm seas to the splashing waves! Today when I clicked on the site, there were people flying beautiful kites along the beach, and there were a few brave body surfers, and always there are fishermen on the pier ... and seagulls. It's only a 45 minute drive from my house ... but I really can't justify driving there every single day, now can I? I love the sunsets there! Since I discovered this live camera feed, I have actually watched the sunset over the lighthouse ... every night! I hope you don't think this is strange ... but if you do, you simply haven't been to the lakeside and walked and breathed and let every single care and worry just slip away ~ because if you did ... you would love it too.

1 comment:

judy hand said...

I'm with you on this one. Also love
the lake.