Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day Eight in El Paso

Today was Emma's last day in Summer school. Since Jesse and Diana left early for the hospital, Matthew and Christopher walked down to the bus stop with us this morning. At 8:00 a.m. it was already unbelievably HOT.

Back at home, the boys worked on making up some stories so that they could do a little video presentation. Christopher made up a story using his Legos, and Matthew did one with his Matchbox cars. We recorded their videos and had a fun time doing it. I worked around the house, concentrating on Emma's room this morning so that when she got home from school, I could surprise her with a clean room!

When we walked back up to get Emma from her bus stop, Christopher pulled out some Lego people and continued his story, and Matthew had brought along two Power Ranger guys to play with. But we really didn't have to wait for very long because the bus came right away today. Good thing too, because it was over 100 degrees at 1:00 in the afternoon.  
 To stay cool, the boys brought their footballs outside and we tossed them around while running through the sprinkler. Emma decidedly did NOT want to play football, so ... she didn't!

But guess what happened to her pine cone peanut-butter bird feeder? The string broke, it fell out of the bush by the side of her house, and we found it covered in about one million fire ants early this evening. I didn't know they were fire ants until one actually bit me on the foot. Ouch. Thankfully, I moved away quickly enough and also, I am thankful that Emma didn't get bitten by any of them. We decided to leave the bird feeder down on the ground ... it has been sacrificed to the ants for now. We felt sad about it, but there was nothing we could do.
We also took Sophie for a nice walk this evening. It was a tiny bit cooler after supper tonight, so all of us went outside and took Sophie with us. 

We are still waiting for word from Jesse about how Diana is doing. At this time, it is about 9:30 in the evening. We've been checking Facebook updates, but so far, Diana is still in labor. So I suppose I will have to wait until tomorrow to post any information about Kaitlyn.

1 comment:

Larry and Judy said...

Hi Carol: Looks like you had a good day. The pictures are great and it looks like the kids grow daily. Too bad about the bird feeder. Make sure your fire ant bite doesn't is healing okay. The videos sound fun. It was a long day of waiting and praying. So glad Kaity is finally here. I am sure Diana (and everybody is exhusted). But Kaity looks really healthy and beautiful. Take care. God Bless.