Sunday, January 24, 2016

A one-donkey open sleigh ...

I received a very special treat today ... completely unexpected, and a total surprise--the very best kind! My friend, Wendy, invited me to go on a one-donkey open sleigh ride out in Sparta on this grey winter day!
Meet Mary (on the left) and my friend, Wendy (on the right) and Levi, a very sweet donkey. 
These are the dogs, their names which I cannot for the life of me remember. 
This is BOB, the red-haired donkey ... 
 This is BOB, the red-haired donkey, sticking his tongue out ...
Wendy took a picture of me and the newest donkey ... but I can't remember his name either ... something like COLBY but I know that isn't right. 
Wendy is very good with animals and not at all afraid to come close and be friends, which is a very good trait to have, don't you think? 
This is Levi, me, and the open sleigh! 

 I tried to get some pictures of the buildings and land ...
because I love farm buildings of all kinds ... 
 like this great-looking chicken-coop!

I had the first turn on the sleigh ride, and then it was Wendy's turn (below). 
Steve and Mary on the sleigh ... 
These pictures are just more attempts to get some distance shots of the "farm" ... 




I'm not sure if any of these are "good", but it was worth the effort. Perhaps if the day had not been so completely grey ... 
Bob in his shelter ... 
 A close up of sweet Levi ...
Thank you, Wendy, for such a refreshing few hours in the great outdoors. It was wonderful to meet Mary and her donkeys!

1 comment:

Elsapaul84 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.