Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sir Nigel ...

How do I describe Nigel to you? Let's see ... first of all, Nigel teaches our small group at church--our LOGOS group. He is a very able teacher, a gifted communicator, a student of the Bible, a lover of people, and an immense encouragement to me. He also teaches Biology, Origins, MicroBiology and other science-related subjects at Cornerstone University. He has an earned doctorate from a respected university in the UK (where he was born and lived most of his life), so he has a very nice, much-loved British accent.
Every year, on or near his birthday, he invites the LOGOS class (and others) over to celebrate another year of life. We did that just yesterday. There was a house full of happy people, good fellowship, amazing food--Happy Birthday, Nigel! 
I love this picture of Nigel and his beautiful Angela. Just thought I would include it in this post because I liked it so much.

Nigel has written a "primer" on the book of Job, along with an operetta of the same book. He printed out copies of the primer for all of us in class and TODAY we began our study of one of my favorite books of the Bible. I am so excited for this! 

No comments: