Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year's day 2018

Brendan slept all night in the tent in the playroom. He slept in until 7:45! Good job, Brendan! We played for a little while before breakfast ... Brendan thought he would give baby Jesus, Mary and Rudolph a ride on the carrier truck. He was pretty intense about it.
 We ate breakfast and then I thought I'd surprise Brendan with some fun art books, starting with "The Thumbprint Book" (Ed Emberley). It is one of my favorite-ever drawing books. Brendan thought it was VERY fun to get his fingers all inked up and then make animals and objects out of the prints.
 I was impressed with how his blue caterpillar turned out. In the first picture, Brendan is talking all about caterpillars to me, how they start out as a chrysalis and how they are formed, etc.
He finally sketched a little chrysalis next to the butterfly ... 
We played more with our Hot Wheels tracks, read some stories--oh--and while I was taking a shower, I put on "The Polar Express" so that I could shower with relative peace. :)  Brendan took a very long bubble bath too with all of the boats as well as Nacho, Sneaker and Pepper mice. 
It was a pretty low-key few hours. I dropped Brendan off at about 1:30 at his house and then went to my mom's where we played a game of Scrabble and then went to Barnes & Nobles for a little while. I'm glad I stopped by her place. We had a nice time together!

No comments: