Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Wrestling!

January 30:  I suppose there is a first time for everything ... even when a person is 64! I had never been to a wrestling match before in my life until ... last night over at Comstock Park Middle School.
 Both Matthew AND Christopher are on the wrestling team this year--different weight classifications, but same team. Yesterday, they matched off with Forest Hills Northern. I think it was a pretty even meat actually--with a slight advantage going to CP. I thought everyone did a good job. Tyler was especially impressive. His match was the longest, and he held up very well and behaved really admirably.
Chris's match was a little later. Chris suffered a bruised rib in practice this week or last week--anyway, his body was sore--so he didn't do perhaps as good as he could have. But he did DO at least and I thought he was very brave. 
 Matthew endured quite well in his match too. He was tough and would not give up! I was proud of both of the boys.
 It took awhile to "pin" Matthew. Kaity was in the stands with me and when she saw the opponent on top of Matt, she burst into tears and would not be consoled. Sweatheart. She loves Matthew.
 All in all, I think it was a good experience. The coaches seem like very nice people and the team seems to care about each other. Sports is good for learning a lot of important life lessons! 

I can't say I ENJOY watching wrestling. It's too tense for me! But I will go to as many meats as I can get to. I love you Chris and Matt!

No comments: