Sunday, January 28, 2018

The E. GR Library is THE BEST

January 25:  Brendan had been sick most of the week and still was not quite 100% on Thursday afternoon when I picked him up at his swim lesson. But we decided to have our usual "date" and come home earlier, perhaps. I usually let Brendan pick the place where we will eat. This week he chose Culver's. Yes! It's one of my favorite places too! Except it's hard to stick to a diet while eating there. I did OK. I ordered ONE piece of fish (no bun) and a side salad (instead of fries). Brendan ate his usual cheeseburger, fries and lemonade. His "free" ice cream desert (with blue sprinkles!) only had TWO bites eaten and then Mr. Brendan decided his stomach had enough food for one day.

Kelly had suggested the E. Grand Rapids library a few weeks back. It's been a super LONG time that I have been inside this library. To be exact, it was nearly FIVE years ago that Brendan and I went here for our first library date. Brendan was about 14 months at the time.
There is SO MUCH TO DO at this library. There are beautiful books everywhere, but in the downstairs children play area, there are THREE train tables with tons of track and cars, there are light-up work tables to build with their cool magnet and "glass" shapes, there are flannel graph boards to make your own farm, as well as building blocks, gear walls ... 
 ... a very nice fish tank with turtles too. Brendan loves to watch them.

 I love these pictures of this beautiful boy. I love him so much.

 These pictures are taken with my phone. I haven't gotten very good at using it for a camera. I'm glad I had it with me, though, because these pictures DO illustrate the fun we had together.


 In between all of these toys, we did manage to read a few books too.

We reluctantly left the library at 7:15 having not exhausted all of their toys! And it did not cost us any money to have this much fun. Thankful for this place tonight.

No comments: