Sunday, January 21, 2018

NNYLTIAK?

January 13:  I took the four kiddos to see "Star Wars" today. Good thing I didn't care too much about the storyline. Kaity (naturally) was not terribly interested in the movie, so we were in and out quite a bit. No problem. I fully expected that was how it would go! Thankfully, Emma, Chris and Matt liked the movie! We came "home" at about 4:30, ate our yummy french toast and sausages, and then played for a few hours.
We had a Bible lesson on "LOVE" and read I Corinthians 13 together, talking about WHO GOD IS and how the love chapter defines Him so beautifully. We also spent a lot of time talking about what love really is and how to better love each other. The boys had a particularly awful few hours with their attitudes about each other, so we spent a little time in I Corinthians 3 as well, talking about buildings and what kinds of building we are doing in others' lives. It was a good time, really! Kaity was patient and listened carefully throughout. 
 Kaity's attention span has broadened since attending Readiness K. She enjoys coloring much more now AND she colors for longer periods of time. 
 Kaity was very pleased with her colorful pooch picture ...

 She decided she would write her name on her paper, just like she does at school.
 When I saw the finished result, I commented to Kaity how nicely she had done her letters.
She was pleased to hear that ... I then asked her if I could WATCH her write her name ...
Kaity very carefully and purposefully wrote her name in almost 100% mirror image! 
 I asked her if she wished for me to read what she had written. "Sure, Grandma. It says my name." I told her it didn't say her name! She was a little upset with me! I asked her if she wanted me to read what she had written, and she agreed, so I sounded out "Nnyl-ti-ak" and asked if that was her name?
 "No, grandma!" "That NOT my name," she said with a tiny laugh. So I asked if I could write her name underneath where she had written hers. After I was finished, I told her that it said "Kaitlynn" which sounds a lot different than "Nnyl-ti-ak." She agreed and then asked if she could copy mine.
Kaity did a very nice job, too! I hope you know that I wasn't mocking Kaity; nor was I giving her a hard time or being "mean" about her letters. She has learned a lot in these first few months of school! I just wanted her to be aware of how her name really looks when it is written front-wards. She gave me a big hug after and a big smile too!

No comments: