Monday, January 22, 2018

We have a guest on Saturday ...

January 20:  Christopher called Saturday, early afternoon, and asked if we could invite Tyler to spend some time with us! Yes, certainly, I said. There is only one problem with the kids bringing friends--not enough car space to bring them all together! Thankfully, the boys were transported separately (by Diana) to and from.
We ate a nice hearty meal of meatballs, mashed potatoes, broccoli and pasta, corn ... and everyone seemed pleased! Kaity didn't eat very much, but she rarely does. She was okay though. Except ... Kaity really loves to play with me one-on-one and that was challenging this week.  
 Surprisingly, Emma allowed me to take a few pictures of her! Shock. I put them on FB and got SO MANY comments about how beautiful she is. Well, she is!! I love her so much.
Kaity and I played with the Playdoh for quite a long time. Thankfully, Matthew joined in as well. 
 Kaity is a tiny dictator when it comes to playing. She was giving out design "orders" like crazy. Matthew and I could barely keep up with her requests for "doggies, dog houses, blankets", etc. But it was fun getting the colors out and seeing what we could make.
 Kaity was super pleased.

 Matthew is a very capable 3D artist. Me--not so much. Below is a friendly dragon creature that Matthew made. I like it!

 Tyler and Chris are best friends. Tyler is an interesting person. I'm glad these two enjoy each other so much. I remember what it was like to have a close friend at this age. It's very important and truly special.
These two got on my PhotoBooth program and made hilarious movies for the longest time. I may have to delete a few of the longer ones because of the space it takes up on my computer. 

The "big" kids played APPLES TO APPLES for a little while.

 But Kaity and I just did Playdoh! I'm glad we could carve out some one-on-one!


No comments: