Thursday, June 21, 2018

Baby Erin arrives safely

Monday, June 18:  My phone rang at about 6:00 in the morning and I picked it up (out of a rather deep sleep) to hear Dylan asking me to come and meet my new granddaughter! Yes!
 I didn't arrive until after 8:00 because I went to Anna's House and picked up some breakfast for Kelly and Dylan--they had been up all night and Kelly delivered ERIN somewhere around 5:30 in the morning. Erin weighed in at about 8'15 ounces!
 The name ERIN means "Ireland". Kelly's younger sister, Erin, passed away just this past winter--unexpectedly ... Kelly's been processing through her loss and doing a good job of it. I think perhaps naming this little daughter Erin will help Kelly to heal, don't you?  Dylan and Kelly haven't decided on a middle name yet, but they are working on it.
 So far, little Aidan has taken this new "invader" quite well. Kelly is still nuring Aidan (!!) and now she is nursing Erin too. Kelly! (She is super woman).
 Brendan is very pleased to have a sister. He is very sweet about her.
 And isn't Kelly just glowing and so beautiful?  I know! She is such a nice mom!

I'm sure I'll have more ERIN pictures on a regular basis ... welcome little granddaughter!

No comments: