Thursday, June 21, 2018

False Alarm!

Saturday, June 16:  I was preparing to have the usual Saturday kiddos over today and was into "prep" mode for that very thing--but I received a phone call from Dylan, telling me Kelly's labor had begun--could I come and get the boys?
 Certainly I could! BUT ... I had to cancel out on the other kiddos ... complicated reason--basically, at 94 degrees with high humidity, no air, and an extremely busy 15 month old here for the day, I wasn't sure adding Kaity-Girl into the mix would work very well at all. I think it was the right decision.
 The boys played their hearts out ... Brendan was a little "off" mostly because Aidan just throws off our usual dynamic of 1-on-1 interaction, but for the most part, he did well.
 When a child is 15 months and this curious, well ... you can barely take your eyes off of him! He is into just about everything he can possibly reach. 

 And he is such an imp about it too. In order to get a break from running after him, periodically I would place him in his special chair and feed him non-dairy, no egg, gluten-free, absolutely NO peanut snacks ... which doesn't leave much! Thankfully, Aidan does like some fruit--he is especially fond of watermelon and apples. Whew!
 Aidan tried his tiny fingers on the piano ...
 I'm not sure what on earth he is doing (below) ... it looks like he is performing some kind of magical rite!





 Brendan was watching the Rescue Bots on Netflix (which he insists is "Neckfleck") ...



This tiny rascal of a baby didn't slow down the entire day ... well, except for 20 minutes when he took a brief nap in my bedroom all curled up in a soft chair. 

We returned Aidan home at about 9:00. Kelly's contractions had completely stopped!!! No baby yet! Brendan came back with me and spent the night here. Brendan sleeps very well at my house thankfully. We got a good night's sleep!

Sunday morning, we skipped church. We had neglected to bring anything very presentable for Brendan to wear to church--so we slept in, and then played together for the morning. We build a nice track layout and did our trains for quite awhile. I returned Brendan home at about 2:00 in the afternoon and went home and crashed ... happily.

No comments: