Wednesday, January 20, 2021

January 18 At Grand Rogue Park

Monday:  No sunshine today ... I took a walk in an almost colorless world with light snow falling. I returned to Grand Rogue Park because it is only a 5-minute drive from my driveway and I wanted to just see what I could see ...

I like this picture, as gloomy as it is ... there is something quiet about it that I like.

Same picture, different "effect" with my photo program ...
On the other side of the Rogue River is private property. I drove over there today and found that out. I was hoping for a trail or two on THAT side, but it is very clearly marked with "No Tresspassing" signs ... sigh. On MY side of the Rogue, there are bold yellow "No Hunting" signs posted that evidently do not apply across the river (i.e. note the blue "blind").
Sometimes I delight in the contrast of white and black ... but I don't like what it does to the water, and without the sun, there are zero shadows and even the reflections are vague ...
But all of that did not stop me from TRYING to get an artistic photo or two ...
God is such an amazing Creator, Artist, Engineer ... 
As I walked toward my car, I remembered Rogue River Trail and wondered if perhaps I should try a few shots there today too ...
... so I left Grand Rogue and headed 5 minutes north!

No comments: