Sunday, January 31, 2021

January 30 Kaity sledding

Saturday afternoon:  Kaity had mentioned, rather mournfully when I was dropping her off Thursday evening, that she STILL hadn't gone sledding yet this winter! I suggested that we DO IT on Saturday--which got a really positive response and a HUGE smile!

Just two doors down from where Kaity lives, there is a church with a parking lot and then a medical building ... but also a really nice HILL. I suggested we try there, since it was so close to home, and we could just run back to Kaity's if we had any bathroom needs ... so I picked Kaity up at 3:00 and away we went.



This is the hill (below), which both Brendan and Kaity went down on sleds two years ago without a single fear! But Kaity refused to sled down this hill this year! She said it was too steep and too scary. She tried some tiny hills made by the snow plows that surrounded the church parking lot ...


But THEN, Kaity reminded me of the great hill over by Maranatha Church--which is where Kaity goes to Awana Club every Wednesday night with Kensey and Harper. I reminded Kaity that the bathrooms would not be opened, but she didn't hesitate and voted that we drive over there ... so ... we did! It's on the way to my house!
There is a really nice big hill at Maranatha with a few different "runs" that go down. There is kind of a medium steep run ... but there is also a crazy steep one--which again, Kaity went down a million times last year! But she would NOT do it Saturday! It was pretty crowded with children and she watched and laughed and played, but she only went DOWN using her snow suit as her sled. She told me she felt "more in control" that way. 
Near the end of our time at Marantha, she met a school buddy who convinced her to use her sled and they did have a lot of fun together ...



I was just glad we could be outside breathing the fresh cold air--glad that Kaity could run and play. She is SO happy outside.

I love these pictures of you, Kaity-Girl.



After Kaity was finished sledding, we went to my house and ate a good meal and played two foosball tournaments--each of us winning one. It was good to be with you today, Kaity!

No comments: