Friday, January 8, 2021

January 7 Back to Goldfish

Thursday:   After being away from swimming lessons for the entire month of November and December, we signed Kaity up to resume her lessons this week! She was very excited about returning to Goldfish. Since she is NOT afraid of water and is not at all intimidated by new physical activities, she plunged right in with a lot of enthusiasm!

I love to see Kaity this pleased!

Kaity's swim instructor does a good job with the kids. There was a total of FOUR in Lane 5 tonight. Two of the kiddos were pretty hyped up--I think the little boy is definitely high on the spectrum, but between lanes 4 and 5 instructors, they were able to keep him safe--even though he was not compliant!
Kaity has graduated to Glider 2--so there is no longer any platform in the middle of their lane. They can actually swim the entire length now. I have to qualify the word "swim" though, because for the most part the kids are using with small floatation devices to work on their kicks and stretches. Tonight, they spent a lot of time on their backs reaching behind them, etc. Kaity is a very good listener and follows the teacher's instructions very well.
I love this picture of her (below) that shows how INTO it she is!



Kaity's class is from 6 to 6:30 PM and it is about a 30 minute drive either back to MY house, or back to whichever parent's house she is residing. Tonight, I brought her back to Jesse's place by about 7:00. 
Look at Kaity's cool loft that Jesse was able to find at a very reasonable price! She is super thrilled with it and even makes her bed neatly (which is very remarkable for Kaity). Kaity had made a "desk" for herself using two milk crates--but tonight when we returned here, Jesse had retrieved a desk that Emma used to have in her old room. This desk originally came from "Cookie's" house--it actually belonged to my step-brother, David, in his very young days. NOW it is in Kaity's room! 
I told Kaity I could stay for about an hour. I brought a few card games along so that we could play them. Kaity has really "graduated" to playing real card games! It's such a relief to be able to actually SIT and do something with Kaity that she enjoys. I taught her how to play "Crazy 8's" last week ...
but this week, I had a really special game to teach her. You see, two+ years ago when Emma and I had taken our trip up north to Mackinac, we had visited a toy store and I asked at the counter what the best card game for children was ... at the very same time, two young fellows came to the front counter and asked if this store carried a game by the name of "Sleeping Queens" ... and it DID! The boys were about 10 to 12 years of age and I asked them about the game. They said it was the best game EVER ... so I bought it!
However, when I got the game home and began to read the instructions--I totally did not understand them! Yikes. Talk about being an old girl! I got it out the other day and very carefully re-read the instructions. AH! So THAT'S how it's played. It seemed like it could be a lot of fun. The cards are really beautiful in their colors and illustrations too. SO ... I taught Kaity how to play this game tonight. We played and played with it!
Kaity now says that THIS is her favorite game. She said she cannot wait until Saturday to where we can play it again! YAY!
 

No comments: