Monday, January 25, 2021

January 23 with Kaity

Saturday Afternoon:  Kaity and I had some extra time together today. It was kind of cold and yucky outside, and with COVID limiting the places we can go, we are pretty much confined to my place or Kaity's place for our time together. That's OK. I have plenty of toys and things to do around here. Sometimes I think I have too many toys ... but it is nice to have a variety.

We actually began our play time today with foosball, although I neglected to take any pictures during our tournament (which Kaity won by a hair!). We had quite a rousing few games with yelling and screaming and jumping up and down, etc. I was exhausted! 
I was telling Kaity that the little kids had gotten out my finger puppets Tuesday afternoon and we were trying to remember all of their names. I have an unbelievable amount of finger puppets--they fill up an entire bin! As soon as I mentioned finger puppets, Kaity was all about playing with them. Yay!
We got out my puppet theatre and Kaity put on a show about a very busy pig family. Many of the stufffed animals were her audience.

Matey was pretty wild today ... Kaity is unphased by Matey's swooping down in her face, etc. She just grabs him and lets him know who is boss. 


Every now and then Kaity will pick up a book and look through it ... this is one Erin and Aidan really like about various shapes. 

Kaity made a video for Brendan, Aidan, and Erin so that she could say "hi" to them. They miss each other! Erin took a look at a picture of Kaity last week and announced: "That's MY Kaity!" I told Kaity what Erin had said and Kaity was very pleased.
We also played with Lily and Emma (Kaity's dolls) for quite awhile. These are "Baby Alive" dolls and Kaity loves them so much. Her "Emma" doll is battery powered and enables the doll's shoes to light up, and she also says 25 different things in a cute little voice and makes other sounds too. I've never met a child who plays so extensively with dolls, but I'm so glad for Kaity because she truly loves them. 

No comments: